DICE recently introduced an enormous list of adjustments for their upcoming Battlefield 3 patch. The tweaks go around the entire Battlefield 3 experience, including general, vehicle, weapon, weapon accessories, as well as game type updates.
DICE reminded users that the list isn't finished and is subject to change. Furthermore, the developer mentioned there's no estimated time of arrival for the patch.
"Note that this is still not a full update list and there will be more information on this as we go forward. Also please remember that the content in this list might be changed but of course, we will also keep you in the loop about this," said DICE community manager Daniel Matros.
He added, "While there still is no ETA on the patch, we're still working on improving online gameplay for all of our dear community members. So far, this list is for all three platforms."
The BF3 multiplayer fixes for all three platforms are:
- Fixed the 7x scope not zooming to the full 7x on all weapons.
- Corrected the M39’s laser sight so it points at the point of impact and aligns with scopes when zoomed.
- Fixed a misaligned scope crosshair on the G3A3 using the Rifle Scope 6x.
- Fixed the PKA and PKA-S scopes on the M416 having swapped zoom levels.
- The L96 Straight Pull bolt now functions properly.
- The L96 ironsights have been adjusted for a clearer aiming picture and correct use of the integral front sight.
- The L96 now properly shows scope glint when using the 8x, and 12x scopes.
- Tweaked IRNV to be more consistent across all levels.
- Fixed a rendering issue with IRNV view when taking damage.
- Tweaked the IRNV zoom times and scope visible areas to be the same across all weapons (some were faster than others).
- Fixed the QBU-88 sniper and the L96 IRNV scopes to use the proper sniper reticule
- The Accuracy increase and Recoil reduction of the Bipod has been significantly improved for Assault Rifles and Carbines.
- The Bipod now provides similar Accuracy and Recoil benefits no matter if the weapon is fired while aiming or without aiming for all weapons. Previously only LMGs were worked this way. This especially improves the speed at which snipers can make follow up shots, and also allows effective unaimed suppressive fire with Assault Rifles and Carbines.
- Increased the Speed at which a bipod is deployed, allowing the user to obtain the bipod’s bonus sooner after the deploy has started and allowing the weapon to be aimed in a far shorter time. The speed has been increased 40-50%, depending on the weapon and animation.
- Fixed a recoil issue with the M60 bipods.
- The Horizontal Sway reduction has been changed from a global percent reduction to a weapon specific value reduction. For most guns this means very little change, for guns which have a large horizontal recoil the change is more substation. The FAMAS, F2000, and AEK971 are most affected; the AK-74, M16, and M416 are nearly unchanged.
- A small long range Aimed Accuracy penalty has been added to the foregrip. Players who generally find themselves fighting at mid to long range may want to change their accessory, while players fighting in CQB will go largely unaffected.
- Heavy Barel:
- The Vertical Recoil penalty of the Heavy Barrel has been reduced. The value has been changed from a global percent increase to a weapon specific value.
- A small Hip Accuracy penalty has been added to the Heavy Barrel to represent the added weight of the accessory, as well as focus the attachment on accurate mid and long range fire. The exact penalty amount is a weapon specific value.
- Several weapons with low default bullet speed now have their bullet speed increased when the Heavy Barrel is equipped. This is in effect for the A91, G3A3, AKS-74u, G36C, M4A1, SCAR-H, SG553, G53, and QBZ-95B.
- The Heavy Barrel is now also paired with Match Rounds which increase the maximum range of the weapon. The minimum and maximum damage are unchanged, weapons with the Heavy Barrel will be more effective in mid-range.
- The Aimed Accuracy bonus provided by the Heavy Barrel has been increased. This will increase the effectiveness of the Heavy Barrel for small bursts, as originally intended.
- The Hip Accuracy bonus provided by the Laser Sight has been increased.
- The bonus is now a weapon specific value instead of a global percentage, some guns receive larger or smaller bonuses, though all bonuses are better than they were previously.
- Fixed the S12k Laser Sight providing the aim bonus even when turned off.
- The Suppressor no longer reduces the maximum damage of a weapon when equipped. Instead the Suppressor reduces the minimum and maximum range of the weapon, making it ideal for CQB and Stealth. This change will make the Suppressor slightly more effective at long range, where the bullet drop and speed makes shots difficult already, and reduces the power of the suppressor at mid-range slightly.
- The Suppressor’s recoil bonus remains unchanged at a global 10% decrease. This is less than the Flash Suppressor’s bonus for all weapons.
- The Hip Accuracy penalty of the Suppressor has been changed from a global percentage to a per weapon value. Generally this penalty is higher now, but not for all weapons. Specifically, the belt LMGs and bolt Snipers do not have any additional hip fire penalty, as their penalty is already at the maximum possible value.
- Reduced the Aimed Accuracy bonus of the Suppressor from 50% to 25%. A Suppressor and Foregrip combo will have similar accuracy to a weapon without any Accessories, at the penalty of worse Hip Fire Accuracy and Range and with the benefit of much improved Stealth and reduced Recoil.
- Flash Suppressor:
- The Flash Suppressor no longer reduces accuracy for Automatic Fire.
- The Flash Suppressor now also works as a recoil compensator, reducing the Vertical Recoil by a weapon specific value. This bonus is larger than the bonus provided by the Suppressor.
- A small Hip Accuracy penalty has been added to the Flash Suppressor to represent the added weight of the accessory. The exact penalty amount is a weapon specific value.
- Reduced the spot times on C4 and Claymore projectiles from 30 to 15 sec.
- Tweaked the controls and physics for the EOD bot to improve its handling and aiming capabilities.
- The Radio Beacon, Mortar, MAV, EOD bot, T-UGS, and SOFLAM should now be much easier to deploy.
- The MAV will now be destroyed when running into a soldier or vehicle at high speed. It is still possible to strategically sacrifice your MAV on a soldier; it will be destroyed in the process.
- The MAV now properly shows up in the Kill Feed. Previously it simply displayed “KILLED.”
- The MAV can no longer be used as an elevator.
- Matched the motion sensor sweep frequency and range on the MAV to the TUGS.
- Players will no longer auto enter SOFLAM, MAV, and EOD bots after they are deployed.
- Players may now use their knife to destroy enemy equipment.
- C4 will no longer be detonable after a player respawns, if the player is revived within 5 seconds he can still detonate his C4.
- The player may now have a maximum number of mines which will persist after the player’s death. Deploying more than the maximum of 6 mines will remove a previous mine from the world.
- Claymores now live up to 5 seconds after a player dies, the player can have a max 2 claymores planted at the same time.
- Claymores can now detonate from vehicles and can be used to disable jeeps or kill the passengers in light jeeps. Claymores will not do any damage to heavy vehicles.
- Ammobags now stay until the user redeploys them like Medkits.
- Ammobags resupply bullets more quickly, but explosives resupply more slowly, especially 40mm grenades.
- Slightly reduced the effective blast radius of the RPG, SMAW, and 40mm grenade projectiles against infantry.
- Reduced the total number of RPG and SMAW missiles carried from 5 to 4. Players desiring more rockets will want to use the Explosive spec.
- Slightly increased the heal rate of the Medical Crate.
- The MAV now will also descend by pressing the Crouch Toggle key. (PC)
- The M224 Mortar can no longer be deployed in an area that is out of combat for another team like a home base or other protected spawn.
- Tweaked M224 exit points so the player faces in the direction of the mortar when he exits.
- Mines, Claymores, C4 and other deployable items will now only appear on the minimap when spotted by a teammate.
- Players should no longer take fall damage from short falls.
- Players now get up from Prone slightly faster, allowing better odds of getting away from a grenade or threat when prone.
- Fixed some situations that would unintentionally make a player unrevivable.
- Reduced the black screen fade in time on spawn. The fade is still necessary for properly streaming in loading content at spawn, but it has been substantially reduced.
- Increased the spawn protection time from 1sec to 2sec. The protection will still be immediately canceled as soon as the player moves or shoots.
- Spawn protection will no longer be canceled by the player looking around.
- Increased the speed at which a player regains accuracy when aiming after moving for a more responsive experience. Firing before fully zoomed will still result inaccurate fire.
- Increased the inaccuracy and recoil added when a player is fully suppressed.
- Shotgun Buck and Flechette rounds now have a less suppressive effect at medium to long range.
- Tweaked the damage levels of Buck and Flechette rounds to balance them with other weapons.
- Improved the suppression of the .44 magnum, .357 magnum, and the 5.8x42mm DAP88 rounds from the Type88 sniper.
- Attempting to Crouch (like Prone) will now properly interrupt Sprint.
- Increased the effectiveness of Suppression Resist Specialization.
- Parachutes now respond to turn and throttle inputs more quickly.
- Switching from primary weapons to sidearms and back now takes less time.
- Increased the effectiveness of explosive resistance.
- Tweaked bipod deploy settings so players can no longer deploy a bipod in places higher than chin level.
- The bipod should now be more reliable when deploying on top of sloped objects like cars and rocks.
- Fixed several issues with vaulting objects, especially for thin railings.
- The Knife now only takes two swipes to kill when attacking from a position where a takedown is not possible.
- CRAM weapons on Carriers now count towards stationary weapon awards.
- Fixed a bug where players would spawn close to the enemy team at the start of the round.
- Tehran Highway playable area has been doubled and is now the same as the Squad Deathmatch set up. Spawn points have been tweaked and an extra spawn zone has been added north of the footbridge.
- Kharg Island has a new spawn zone layout, along with a bigger playable area and new cover objects. Spawn points have also been tweaked.
- Strike at Karkand spawns zones have been tweaked to improve player flow. Spawn points have been tweaked to improve safety upon spawning.
- Sharqi Peninsula spawn zones have been adjusted to optimize player movement. Spawn points have been tweaked so players spawn more safely.
- Seine Crossing spawn zone set up has been improved. There is a new spawn zone by the alleyway to the northwest with additional spawn points.
- Caspain Border spawn zones have been tweaked slightly.
- Fixed a bug where players would spawn close to the enemy team at the start of the round.
- Damavand Peak layout and spawn zones have been tightened to reduce the spread of players across the map
- Tehran Highway now features an extra spawn zone north of the footbridge, along with tweaked spawn points.
- Noshahr Canals spawn zones have been tweaked. Removed unsafe spawn points in the Northeast corner and in the middle of the container area, to the Southwest.