Infinity Ward recently affirmed that a brand new Modern Warfare 3 patch update is in route for all platforms of the game. MW3 community strategist Robert Bowling has created a post on the official Call of Duty forum describing all the fixes that have recently been made to the game, as well as describing what the team of developers has in store in the near future.
You’ll be thrilled to know that they're going to improve lag performance more as well as offer a fix for melee jump. Steps to avoid frequent stats loss will also be included in the next update, while they are going to be enhancing host migration as well.
There’s additionally a variety of updates that they are presently discussing, that may show up in the next title update if demand is sufficient. These include an update to the spawn system along with a default 30 round start timer for games played in the system link mode.
Please find below the complete list of what the first 5 updates have fixed and what to expect from patch 1.06:
- Enabled Theater, Vault, Private Match options, Elite and Facebook functionality for Launch Day.
- Fix for YouTube video upload on SD TVs. Matchmaking Improvements.
- Theater Improvements (Fix to FF and RW in Theater), LAG improvements, Improvements to Hot Fix system.
- Change to address hitching and lag in gameplay.
- Further improvements for hitching and addressing lag in gameplay.
- Additional improvements to address lag. Fix for Melee Jump. Clan Tag Validation (remove buttons from clan tags). Improve Host Migration logic. Prevent stat Loss.
Hot Fix Updates:
- No Recoil glitch
- Infinite Laptop killstreak glitch (Stealth Bomber Glitch)
- Map Exploits (Getting into trucks, under maps) Fix
- Prevent Slow-mo and Super Fast lobbies
Incoming Hot Fixes:
- Weapon Rebalancing (Dual FMG-9, Type-95, CM-901 Attachments)
- Hitmarker Sound on Ps3
- Reticle fix for certain weapons.
Updates in Discussion:
- Updates to the Spawn system
- Further “lag compensation” or “host advantage / disadvantage” updates plus ability for on-going hot fixes based on feedback.
- Default :30 Round Start timer for System Link only, while looking into adjustable timer for System Link games for Competitive Play.
- Options to allow System Link players to ‘unlock all’ for competitive play in System Link only.