Today was the official unveiling of the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 multiplayer at the first ever COD XP event. It started with a MW3 mutliplayer trailer, which was leaked a few hours before the world premier. Below you will find the multiplayer trailer, gameplay videos of 5 multiplayer maps and all the new features of the multiplayer.
New Pointstreak system replaces Killstreaks
No more will player kills be the sole approach to build up streaks. Certainly, kills nevertheless count, but in MW3, finishing objectives will reward players with points they are able to cash in to call in drones, helicopters, sentries and many others. Kill assists count toward pointstreak numbers also, enabling supporting players.
Modern Warfare 3's pointstreaks are available in 3 groups, named Strike Packages. People may customize their classes with one of 3 Strike Packages, introducing a whole new level of customization to MW3 multiplayer. The three types are Assault, Support and Specialis
- Assault package
With Assault, you are able to bring in UAVs and care package drops but this is also where assault helicopters, AC130, Predator missiles, mortar strikes and Juggernauts are to be found. Your streak count will reset each time you die, should you go for the Assault Strike Package
- Support package
This consists of the option for a remote gun turret, a hacked airdrop, deploy ballistic vests to your team, drop an EMP or, ultimately, call in an Osprey gunship which also delivers 5 airdrop packages. With Support, your streak count is not going to reset upon death.
- Specialist package
You'll get up to six perks, including Sleight of Hand, Hardline, Recon as the streaks pile up. After your 8th kill, you get every perk available to you.
- Recon – Explosive damage paints the target on the mini map
- Blind Eye – Undetectable by air support/sentries
- Assassin – Undetectable by UAV, portable radar, thermal, heartbeat
- Quickdraw – Faster aim down sight
- Stalker – Move faster while aiming
- Marksman – Identify targets at longer range
New Weapons Progression
Fundamentally, the more often you employ a weapon in MW3, the better that weapon gets. In real terms, this implies players are able to reduce gun sway, decrease recoil and increase the attachments over time.
New Kill Confirmed and Team Defender game modes
Competitive multiplayer in Modern Warfare 3 is going to be enhanced with a minimum of 2 new gameplay modes, Kill Confirmed and Team Defender.
Kill Confirmed is where by kills don't count as a point for your team before you or one of your teammates grabs a dead players dropped dog tags. Regarding Team Defender is a Capture The Flag variant, just with no flag return. Keep an enemy flag for as long as possible, staying together as a team to survive.
New Private Matches
You'll also have new Private Match game types included in MW3, each of which has been "significantly enhanced to allow players to create new, customizable game modes" that they are able to share with buddies.
- Infection – The infected kills enemies to recruit them for the infected team.
- Drop Zone – Hold the Drop Zone for Team Points and Care Packages.
- Team Juggernaut – With the support of a juggernaut, kill players on the opposing team. The first team to reach the score limit wins.
- Juggernaut – Kill the Juggernaut to become the new Juggernaut.
- Gun Game – Be the first to dominate with every gun.
- One in the Chamber – Gain ammo by eliminating enemies. Be the last to survive.
The most exciting addition to the Modern Warfare 3 multiplayer features are the fresh new maps. There will be 16 mulitplayer maps and below you could find 5 of them with gameplay videos included.
The new maps so far are:
- Underground – A small subway station in London. The station is destroyed and subway cars are tossed about across the tracks. Players navigage some of the subway tunnels, as well as a large above-ground subway station.
- Village – A large African village with caves and small huts. In a way, it felt like Resident Evil 5.
- Resistance – A Parisian district that was the most fun map to play. It sports multiple elevations and close, winding streets.
- Dome – A small outpost in the desert. It reminded me of Rust.
- Arkaden – A medium-sized German mall.
Enjoy and share with your friends!